Get involved in conservation of Iberian Imperial Eagle
¿ Have you ever been close to the most powerful waight lifter on earth? The Golden Eagle is able to lift more than three times it´s weight while flying. You will discover the secrets of the biggest eagles at the Research Center “ Las Águilas de Fuente Empedrada”, at the hand of the Aquila Foundation and one of the best conservation experts in endangered birds.
Learn about the history of the first Iberian Imperial Eagle born in captivity in the world and the work being undertaken to achieve the conservation of this specie.
You will enjoy a guided tour, watching several kinds of raptors and learning about their lifes, hunting techniques, wonderful senses and about their conservation issues.
In this guided tour in which you will know the research and reproduction in captivity programme, you will also met María, the first Iberian Imperial Eagle born in captivity in the world and learn about the efforts to conserve this raptor in the wild and in captivity as well as the conservation techniques and eagle cares.
Aquila Foundation is a non-profit foundation assigned to the Protectorate of Foundations, which is based in the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment.
The foundation manages and finances the programme of reproduction in captivity of the Iberian Imperial Eagle in Castilla La Mancha. To this end, it develops many environmental education activities as well as ecotourism and corporate social responsibility activities linked to the Imperial Eagle´s programme.
- Price: €10 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.German
- Duration: 1 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 01/03/2014
- Date available to: 31/01/2019
- Additional information: Available from march 2014 to december 2014
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Ecotourism. Observing nature and wildlife
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: FUNDACIÓN AQUILA
Information från leverantörenSkriv ut
Other activities you may find interesting
€210 per person (including taxes)
Enjoy a stay in the middle of a majestic pine forest, ... (+Visa mer)