Packed grapes from Vinalopó
The vine is one of the three products that make up the so-called "Mediterranean triad" (vine, wheat and olive tree).
Although vines had existed in the Peninsula for centuries, it was the Romans who promoted and even protected the crops, and the tradition became deeply rooted in many parts of Spain. This is what happened in the district of Vinalopó, where vines have existed and been grown for centuries. The ancient tradition in this area includes wine production and fresh consumption. Dessert grapes protected by the Uvas de Vinalopó Designation of Origin are packed directly on the vines, harvested, and then they remain inside the package until they are prepared to be sold. The fact that the grapes grow with the protection of a paper bag means they take longer to ripen and they are protected from external agents. Thanks to this, the grapes have a finer skin. This practice has been taking place since 1919. The Designation of Origin covers grapes grown in the towns of Agost, Aspe, Hondón de los Frailes, Hondón de las Nieves, Monforte del Cid, Novelda and La Romana, in the province of Alicante.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Fruit
- Сезон: From the end of September to the end of December.
- Происхождение: The production area is situated in the central-eastern part of Alicante, and includes the towns of Agost, Aspe, Hondón de los Frailes, Hondón de las Nieves, Monforte del Cid, Novelda and La Romana.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: The grapes, which are eaten for dessert, are great with almost any type of wine, but go perfectly with sweet wines such as Muscatel, Pedro Ximénez or Malvasía.
- Разновидности: There are two grape varieties that are grown with the packing process:
- Ideal: with a large bunch, a particular yellow colour and a slight muscatel flavour
- Aledo: harvested later on and typically pale white, with a neutral sweet flavour. As it is harvested later on, it is the variety people eat on New Year's Eve.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- Примечания: High sugar content.