Turrón almond nougat
Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Valencia
Made for centuries in the Alicante town of the same name, Jijona turrón, with is characteristic golden colour and soft texture, has become one of the most typical Christmas desserts.
Turron is a nougat obtained by cooking honey and adding toasted almonds (usually peeled) and egg whites and then kneading it to form a rectangular or round tablet. During its manufacture, Jijona turrón undergoes a chopping process that makes the almond lose part of its oil before going through a softening process in which the mixture is evened out until it achieves the typical golden colour and soft texture that characterise it. Jijona turrón is a food with great energy value, rich in carbohydrates, vegetable fat and protein
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Others
- Сезон: Although it is available All year round, it is undoubtedly a seasonal sweet associated with Christmas.
- Происхождение: The area for producing and packaging the turron protected under the Designation of Origin comprises the town of Jijona, in the province of Alicante. The production and packaging industries are located in this town.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: Turrón is delicious accompanied by sparkling wines, like cava, by very cold liqueurs like orujo or white liqueur, and by full-bodied sweet wines.
- Где купить: It can be bought in most specialised shops and supermarkets throughout Spain. Its consumption has been widely popularised.
- Разновидности: Jijona turrón is made with clean almonds of the following varieties: Valenciana, Mallorca, Marcona, Mollar and Planeta.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: 0
- Примечания: Rich in carbohydrates, proteins, calcium and fibre.