La Palma Cheese
La Palma cheese © Consejo Regulador de la Denominación de Origen Queso Palmero. http://www.quesopalmero.es/
La Palma cheese, also called Palmero, is a pressed paste cheese, made from raw whole milk from the native Palmera goat breed.
It is cylindrical and has a smooth surface. Pieces weigh between 750 g and 15 kg and when they are over 8 kg are called "manada" (herd) cheese. The outer rind is thin and quite sticky, with shades of ochre and brown. The paste inside is semi-soft, with round holes caused by fermentation. It is whitish in colour, has a marked taste and a very buttery texture. Its aroma is pleasant and slightly smoky – perfect for eating as a tapa or added to other dishes such as stews or other specialities from the Canary Islands.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Others
- Сезон: All year round, although most of the traditional production takes place between autumn and spring.
- Происхождение: La Palma cheese is produced all over the island of La Palma (Canary Islands), mainly in the municipalities of El Paso and Garafía, in the north.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: Young red wines from the Canary Islands
- Где купить: All over the Canary Islands and in highly specialised shops in the rest of Spain.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Примечания: Rich in calcium, lipids and proteins