Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Extremadura
This is one of the best known Extremaduran cheeses because of its quality and characteristic flavour.
Cheese made with unpasteurised goat's milk, small in size (its weight ranges between 700g and 1.2kg), cylindrical and irregular in shape, with a smooth reddish yellow rind, although it can also be shiny yellow or orangey red, as it may be oiled or peppered. Inside it is compact, soft and wide and, above all, extremely tasty and aromatic, with a noticeable flavour, somewhat acid and salty, very pleasant and buttery. It may be mature or from mild to medium mature and varies between fatty and very fatty. It is eaten as an appetiser, "tapa" or dessert.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Others
- Сезон: It can be eaten at any time of year.
- Происхождение: The production area covered by the Denomination of Origin in the northeastern part of the province of Cáceres, in the counties of Los Ibores, Las Villuercas, La Vera, Valle del Jerte, La Jara and Trujillo. It covers a total of 35 municipalities.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: Dry full-bodied wines and young reds.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Примечания: Rich in lipids, proteins and calcium.