Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Canary Islands
In the Canary Islands this plant, with the scientific name Colocasia Esculenta, whose fruit is a tuber similar to the potato, is known as "ñame".
It is a product of North African origin which arrived in the islands at the hands of travellers. Compared with other crops, the yam does not need intensive care, it just needs a large quantity of water. Yams are rich in carbohydrates. They contain proteins and a considerable amount of vitamin C. Traditionally appreciated for their flavour and for being a rare product, they are usually eaten boiled, roasted or in purée.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Vegetables
- Сезон: All year round.
- Происхождение: The island in the Canary archipelago with the largest area dedicated to growing yams is the island of La eaten, especially in the municipalities of San Andrés, Sauces and Barlovento.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: Depends on the other components of the dish. Generally reds, when it forms part of a stew.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: 0
- Примечания: Rich in Carbohydrates.