Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Canary Islands
Mojo is a sauce that accompanies a variety of Canary Island dishes and was probably introduced to the Islands by Portuguese travellers and immigrants.
There are basically two types of Mojo: 'Picón' and Green. Mojo Picón, also called Red Mojo or Mojo Bravo, is a sauce made basically of oil, vinegar and red or 'picona' peppers, which give it the characteristic red colour. Sometimes, bread crumbs, cumin, garlic, course salt and paprika are also added. Its consistency is medium, but liquid enough to impregnate the food that it accompanies. It is used to accompany potatoes, with roasted maize meal or with 'sancocho' (traditional Canary Island dish). Generally, it strengthens the flavour of blander dishes. Green Mojo is made with basically the same ingredients, without the 'picona' peppers, which are replaced by cilantro or parsley. Cumin seed, garlic and green pepper may also be added. It is green in colour and its consistency is less uniform than that of the mojo picón. It normally accompanies potatoes and fresh fish, either fried or boiled, although it also goes perfectly with roasted chicken.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Others
- Сезон: Year-round.
- Происхождение: The production area for Mojo includes the whole of the Canary Islands.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: It is accompanied by different wines, depending on the dish in which it is used.
- Рецепты: Blue jack mackerel with sauce
- Разновидности: The varieties are Mojo Picón, or Red Mojo, and Green Mojo, depending on the ingredients used to make it.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: 0