Prawns from Mar Menor
Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Murcia
Prawns caught in the Mediterranean were considered a favourite seafood by the Greeks and Romans.
The Prawn from Mar Menor is a 10-legged crustacean (Penneaeus Kerathurus) with a long, compact body measuring approximately 12 cm. It is somewhat smaller that the prawns from Sanlúcar or Vinaroz, but its flesh is firmer. The colour is yellowish-brown with small violet-coloured spots. Due to the special conditions of the Mar Menor, with its high level of salinity, catches in these waters have special organoleptic properties, so it is a much tastier prawn, and its meat is more highly valued. They are usually prepared boiled in water with a bit of salt, either as an appetiser or an entrée, alone or with some type of sauce.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Seafood
- Сезон: Year-round, although they are in greatest demand in summer and winter.
- Происхождение: The Mar Menor is the production area for this type of prawn.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: Woody white wines and 'cavas'.
- Рецепты: Fideuá
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Примечания: Rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.