Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Balearic Islands
The ensaimada is a typical spiral shaped pastry from the Balearic Islands, specifically from the Island of Majorca. It was described by Josep Plá as 'the lightest, airiest and most delicate confectionery product in this country'.
The ensaimada is a spiral shaped sweet bun with powdered sugar on top and filling, often 'cabello de ángel' (pumpkin strands in syrup). The main ingredients are: eggs, flour, sugar and butter. Originally, the ensaimadas were not made with fillings, rather sobrasada, pumpkin sweets and apricots were spread on it. It is sold on the market in different sizes, from 35 to 12 cm in diameter, and always in cardboard boxes. It should also be noted that, although the original filling for this sweet is 'cabello de ángel' (pumpkin strands in syrup), it may also be filled with whipped cream or confectioner's cream.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Others
- Сезон: Year-round.
- Происхождение: Although it is made on all of the islands in the Balearic archipelago, they are originally from Majorca.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: Dessert and sparkling wines.
- Рецепты: Ibizan greixonera
- Разновидности: The available varieties of this sweet are classified by their filling; 'cabello de ángel' (pumpkin strands in syrup), whipped cream or confectioner's cream.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: Average
- Примечания: Rich in carbohydrates and lipides.