Beef from Avila
Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Castile-Leon
The cattle that produced 'Beef from Avila' belongs exclusively to the Iberian Avileña-Black breed, raised mostly in the meadows of Castile-Leon and Extremadura.
They are solid black animals, although lighter tones are allowed. They are known for their rusticity, fertility and longevity, as well as for their great walking ability; an essential quality for the cattle drives and for searching for food. The Iberian Avileña-Black breed is the evolution of the Serrana breed (which first appeared in the 2nd half of the 19th century), which over time and due to crosses with other breeds resulted in this species. The meat that is destined for consumption has different characteristics, depending on the age at which the animal was slaughtered. The process of obtaining the beef, carried out at slaughter houses and butcher's, consists of the slaughter and butchering operations. Its colour generally ranges from pink tones to intense reds. The consistency of the flesh is firm, slightly moist and fine textured; the perfect meat for delicious fillets or succulent T-bone steaks.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Meat
- Сезон: Year-round.
- Происхождение: The area of production for Iberian Avileña-Black breed cattle comprises the agricultural regions of the Autonomous Regions of Andalusia (Huelva, Jaen, Seville), Aragon (Teruel), Castile-La Mancha (Ciudad Real and Toledo), Extremadura (Caceres and Badajoz), La Rioja, Madrid and all of the provinces of Castile-Leon. The slaughter houses and butcher's shops that generally commercialise this meat are located in the provinces of Avila, Salamanca, Segovia, Valladolid, Toledo, Extremadura and Madrid.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: Beef from Avila is ideal with crianza or non-crianza red wines from Castile-Leon. The selection depends in large part on the way the meat is cooked and prepared.
- Где купить: Beef from Avila is available in most speciality shops, supermarkets and butcher's shops in the provinces of Castile-Leon.
- Разновидности: The following varieties exist depending on the age at which the animal is slaughtered:
- 'Ternera' (Calf): Animal with a maximum age of 10 months. Bright pink meat with white coloured fat, firm consistency, slightly moist and fine textured..
- 'Añojo' (Mature Calf): Slaughtered at between 10 and 18 months. Light red and bright purple coloured meat, white and cream coloured fat, consistency firm to the touch, slightly moist and fine textured.
- 'Novillo' (Young Cattle): Slaughtered at between 18 and 36 months. Meat between purplish and cherry red in colour with cream coloured fat, a firm consistency to the touch, slightly moist and fine textured, with a moderate level of intramuscular fat.