Anchovies from La Escala
Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Catalonia
The fishing town of La Escala, in the Catalan region of Upper Ampurdán, has always been a privileged location for anchovy fishing, so the salted meat if this fish has been famous here since time immemorial.
Select fresh anchovies, salted and seasoned with herbs and other spices and approved condiments, are used to produce the salted anchovies, which must be aged and cured for at least two months before packaging. They are sold in packages with salt, just as they were preserved initially, or cleaned and packaged in glass jars with oil, ready to eat.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Fish
- Сезон: The best time for fishing anchovies is in the months of July through September, when the water is warmer. Once packaged, they retain their original properties for about six months.
- Происхождение: The production area is limited to the town of La Escala, in the Upper Ampurdan region (Gerona)
- Разновидности: The anchovies can be Extra and A class.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: Low
- Примечания: Rich in calcium and iron.