Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: La Rioja
Originally from Mediterranean Europe, artichokes are long-stemmed vegetables with spiny leaves shaped like pineapples.
The edible part is formed by the heart of the flower. This vegetable has different characteristics depending on the variety involved: Brittany: thick, round and heavy; Laon: big and green; Provence: violet in colour. Of the Spanish ones, the Blanca de Tudela is outstanding. This variety is largely grown in La Rioja and its main characteristics are: medium sized with a rounded and slightly elliptical shape. It is a crunchy, juicy product, with a slightly bitter flavour. It is usually eaten fresh, although it is a vegetable very suitable for making preserves. In cooking it offers many possibilities for presentation, above all as a garnish and in salads.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Vegetables
- Сезон: All year round.
- Происхождение: The artichokes producing area in La Rioja covers all the area belonging to this community.
- Где купить: Artichokes from La Rioja can mostly be bought in specialist shops and greengrocers in La Rioja and adjoining provinces.
- Рецепты: Calahorra artichokes in their own sauce
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: Low
- Примечания: Rich in iron and potassium.