Purple Garlic from Las Pedroñeras
Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Castile-La Mancha
Garlic is one of the main condiments used in the cuisine of this country. The county of Las Pedroñeras is one of the main areas for producing garlic, which is of high quality.
Originally from the East, it has been grown for more than 4,000 years and, as with the onion, many curative effects have been attributed to it. In the Middle Ages, it was used to combat the many epidemics, among them leprosy, a fact that is probably associated with the magic properties that have also been attributed to this product. Garlic reached the Peninsula from one of the Crusades and, in this county of La Mancha, among others, it found an ideal site for being developed. The unusual features of this area's climate and soil have made this ecotype of the garlic plant emerge. Las Pedroñeras purple garlic is between medium sized and large. It is made up of between 8 and 10 cloves, with the their main feature their purple colour, covered by a white coating, forming the "heads of garlic". It has a strong smell and a spicy, stimulating taste.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Vegetables
- Сезон: Quite late 15 to 30 June. Late, 15 July onwards.
- Происхождение: This protected geographical designation covers garlic from the cultivation area, sold by handling and packing companies based in La Alberca del Záncara, Mota del Cuervo, Las Pedroñeras, El Provencio, San Clemente and Santa María del Campo Rus. Las Pedroñeras is the main point of production.
- Рецепты: Potted pork loin
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- Примечания: High fibre content.