Montes de Granada olive oil
Типичный продукт региона
- Автономное сообщество: Andalusia
The traditional olive-growing area of the province of Granada, recognised as such since Arab times, produces excellent oils which are very aromatic, slightly bitter and with high levels of oleic acid, an essential nutrient for any balanced diet.
Extra virgin olive oil, obtained from olives, 80% of the Picual variety and, to a lesser degree - 15% - Lucio and Loaime. The varieties Hojiblanca, Gordal de Granada, Lechín, Negrillo de Iznalloz and Escarabajuelo are secondary and represent the rest of the production. It is produced in the county of Montes de Granada, which is in the Sub-betic Granadan mountain range. Only olives harvested directly from the tree are authorised for making oil protected by the Designation. Its colour ranges from deep green to greenish yellow and its flavour has different tones of fruitiness, depending on the varieties of olive. In general, olives covered by this Designation are very aromatic and fresh, rich and slightly bitter in the mouth.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Others
- Сезон: All year round.
- Происхождение: Montes de Granada is the natural county bounded in the north by the provinces of Jaén and Córdoba and in the south by the Granada plain. The Denomination of Origin covers the area occupied by Alamedilla, Alfacar, Alicún de Ortega, Benalúa de las Villas, Calicasas, Campotéjar, Cogollos Vega, Colomera, Darro, Dehesas del Guadix, Deifontes, Diezma, Fonelas, Gobernador, Guadahortuna, Güevéjar, Huélago, Innalloz, Montejícar, Montillana, Morelábor, Nivar, Pedro Martínez, Piñar, Terrecardela y Villanueva de las Torres, La Peza, Modín, Alborote and Atarfe.
- Разновидности: There are two types of oil according to its fruitiness:
- 'Intensely fruity' type: Maximum acidity: 1º, aroma of fresh fruit and slightly bitter flavour.
- 'Soft fruit' type: Maximum acidity: 1º, aroma of mature fruit and flavour of mature fruit.
- Примечания: Rich in lipids and vitamin E.