It was the last Gothic cathedral built in Spain-
Built at the highest point of the town, construction of the cathedral of Segovia began in the year 1525, during the reign of Carlos V. It is in the late Gothic style and was built after the fire in the old Romanesque cathedral in the year 1520. It has a ground plan with three naves, lateral chapels and a semicircular sanctuary with an ambulatory. The church was built according to the design of Juan Gil de Hontañón, and has three doorways: the Puerta del Perdón, the work of Juan Guas, is on the main façade, while on the southern face we have the San Geroteo and San Frutos Doors. It measures 105 m by 50 m and stands 33 m high at the main nave. The main altarpiece is made of marble, jasper and bronze. It was consecrated in the year 1768.
- Год постройки: Cathedral
- Художественный период: Gothic
- Исторический период: 16th century
- Расположение: The old quarter of Segovia has been declared a World Heritage site. The entire surrounding area should not be missed.
- С 31 мар по 30 сен
- С Понедельник по Суббота С 09:30 по 18:00
- С 01 окт по 01 апр
- С Понедельник по Воскресенье С 09:30 по 19:00
Visit to the bell tower: 10am, 12pm and 4pm.
- Общий тариф: 3€
- Группы: 2€
- Дети: Вход бесплатный
Full ticket (church+tower) €7.00. Bell tower €5.00. Free admission on Sundays from 9.30am to 1.30pm.