Casa de las Conchas house
The House of Shells is in the Gothic style. Its construction was begun at the end of the 15th century, although it also has Renaissance and Mudejar elements. It belongs to what is known as Isabelline art.
This civil building attracts the traveller's attention due to the over three hundred shells which cover its outer walls. In the 18th century it suffered cracks, causing the upper part to be remodelled leaving it without the shells that decorate the rest of the façade. Its entrance door with a Gothic coat of arms featuring lilies above it is worth mentioning. Today it houses the Salamanca public library and an information office.
- Год постройки: Palace
- Художественный период: Renaissance
- Исторический период: 15th century
- Расположение: The historic quarter of the town of Salamanca.
- С Понедельник по Пятница С 09:00 по 21:00
- Суббота С 09:00 по 14:00 С 16:00 по 19:00
- Праздничные дни и Воскресенье С 10:00 по 14:00 С 16:00 по 19:00
- Вход бесплатный