Example of the Andalusian Renaissance
The cathedral is home the Holy Veil, which according to tradition was used by Saint Veronica to wash Christ's face.
The cathedral is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin, and was built between the 16th and 18th centuries on the site of the old Aljama mosque and the subsequent Gothic cathedral raised to house the Holy Veil. The initial Renaissance project was the work of Andrés de Vandelvira, and was built in different stages, without its successors changing more than the ornamental aspects or subsidiary features of the basic design. Artistic highlights inside the cathedral include the sacristy, the chapter room, the choir, and the main chapel which houses the famous relic of the Holy Veil; and on the exterior, the monumental façade by Eufrasio López Rojas, and the Gothic frieze at the back.
- Год постройки: Cathedral
- Художественный период: Renaissance
- Исторический период: 18th century, 16th century
- Расположение: Fuente Nueva, Condestable Palace, parish church of San Bartolomé.
- С Понедельник по Пятница С 10:00 по 14:00 С 16:00 по 20:00
- Суббота С 10:00 по 14:00 С 16:00 по 19:00
- Праздничные дни и Воскресенье С 10:00 по 12:00 С 16:00 по 18:00
- Общий тариф: 5€
- Пенсионеры: 2€
- Дети: 1,50€
- Группы: 3€