La Cartuja Monastery
Although the original plans were Medieval, it is completely Baroque.
It was not ultimately built until 1515, and thus the Cartuja moved further from its initial concept of austerity towards a combination of work by a variety of artists in the church, sacristy and sacrarium. The site marks the height of Andalusian Baroque. The vestry, in fact, is considered one of the towering works of Spanish Late Baroque. Its richly decorated interior includes elements such as marble, columns, carved wood and different inlaid materials. It houses a valuable collection of paintings by artists such as Sánchez Cotán and Bocanegra, amongst others.
- Год постройки: Carthusian monastery
- Художественный период: Renaissance
- Исторический период: 16th century
- С 01 апр по 31 окт
- С Понедельник по Воскресенье С 10:00 по 13:00 С 16:00 по 20:00
- С 01 ноя по 31 мар
- С Понедельник по Воскресенье С 10:00 по 13:00 С 15:00 по 18:00
- Общий тариф: 4€
- Льготный тариф: 2,50€