Tower of Hercules
Объект Всемирного наследия — статус, присваиваемый ЮНЕСКО.
The repose of Hercules
This is one of the oldest Roman lighthouses still in operation in the world.
The Tower of Hercules is located between the cove of Orzán and the Gulf of Ártabro. It is a Roman lighthouse from ancient Brigantium dating from the 2nd century AD, in the time of Trajan, which was refurbished in 1788 by order of King Charles IV of Spain. It was designed by the Portuguese architect Cayo Sergio Lupo. It has a square ground plan, measures 68 metres and the light that it casts is visible at sea from a distance of 32 miles. The tower is divided into three sections, each successively narrower, up to the lantern. There are a total of 242 steps leading to the top of the lighthouse, but the effort is well worthwhile for its magnificent views of the city of A Coruña and its coastline. However, according to mythology, Hercules cut off the head of Geryon and built this monument after burying his remains below.
- Год постройки: Tower
- Художественный период: Neo-classical
- Исторический период: 18th century, 2nd century
- Расположение: Old City
- С 01 июн по 30 сен
- С 10:00 по 21:00
- С 01 окт по 31 май
- С 10:00 по 18:00
- Общий тариф: 3€
- Льготный тариф: 1,50€
- Вход бесплатный Lunes
- Члены Международного совета музеев и ассоциаций: Вход бесплатный
- Инвалиды: Вход бесплатный