Ávila "yemas" (egg yolk cakes)
Sweetened egg yolks
W jakim regionie Hiszpanii jest typowy?
- Wspólnota autonomiczna: Castile-Leon
This is undoubtedly one of the most famous confectionery products from Castella y León; it is also the most typical product from the city of Ávila.
The origin of these sweets is quite confused: they could come from a recipe from one of the convents that abound in the city or it could be that their manufacture was begun about 130 years ago by MrIsabelo Sánchez. His cake shop, which still exists today, sells the brand 'Yemas de Santa Teresa'. These sweets are round in shape and their orangey yellow colour comes from the egg yolk, their main ingredient. On the outside they are covered with icing sugar. On the palate they are outstandingly delicate as they melt in the mouth without pressure and they have a pleasant crunchy texture because of the layer of sugar covering them. This sweetness is tempered by a little lemon juice.
Informacje o produkcie
- Rodzaj produktu: Others
- Sezon: All year round.
- Pochodzenie: Ávila egg yolk cakes are made in three confectioner's shops in the city, although they are sold throughout the province and even in other cities outside the region of Castella y León..
- Gdzie kupić?: Ávila egg yolk cakes are sold in most confectioner's in Ávila and in Castilla y Léon and in many specialised shops throughout Spain..
- Przepisy: Ávila Egg Yolk Cakes
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: Average
- Uwagi: Rich in sugars, proteins and fats.