W jakim regionie Hiszpanii jest typowy?
- Wspólnota autonomiczna: Canary Islands
In the Canary Islands this plant, with the scientific name Colocasia Esculenta, whose fruit is a tuber similar to the potato, is known as "ñame".
It is a product of North African origin which arrived in the islands at the hands of travellers. Compared with other crops, the yam does not need intensive care, it just needs a large quantity of water. Yams are rich in carbohydrates. They contain proteins and a considerable amount of vitamin C. Traditionally appreciated for their flavour and for being a rare product, they are usually eaten boiled, roasted or in purée.
Informacje o produkcie
- Rodzaj produktu: Vegetables
- Sezon: All year round.
- Pochodzenie: The island in the Canary archipelago with the largest area dedicated to growing yams is the island of La eaten, especially in the municipalities of San Andrés, Sauces and Barlovento.
- Polecany napój: Depends on the other components of the dish. Generally reds, when it forms part of a stew.
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: 0
- Uwagi: Rich in Carbohydrates.