W jakim regionie Hiszpanii jest typowy?
- Wspólnota autonomiczna: Balearic Islands
Almonds are a purely Mediterranean product. They are an important fruit for the Balearic economy and for the islands' agriculture and are mainly used for making sweets.
The Roman Empire was a great consumer of this fruit and it was probably the Romans who introduced its cultivation into the Balearic archipelago. Later, in the 19th century, with the phylloxera invasion, a great switch of crops was made, with vineyards replaced by almonds. Almonds of this variety have a hard shell with fine points, with an elongated conical shape. They are long, flat and narrow in shape. On the palate they are sweet and they do not stick to the mouth, which makes them pleasant to eat. On the market they appear raw or toasted, whole or peeled, and in a variety of forms (sliced, chopped into sticks, cubes, etc.). Even almond flour can be found. They are generally used in confectionery, but they are also eaten directly as an aperitif and even preserved.
Informacje o produkcie
- Rodzaj produktu: Fruit
- Sezon: They are harvested during August and September to be eaten all year round.
- Pochodzenie: The main almond crops are in Ibiza and Majorca, which are the two greatest producing areas in the Balearic archipelago.
- Przepisy: 'Gató' with almond ice-cream
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: 0
- Uwagi: High protein and carbohydrate content.