Yuso Monastery in San Millán de la Cogolla
Światowe Dziedzictwo – certyfikat przyznawany przez UNESCO.
The library at Yuso is one of the most important in Spain, not only on account of the number of documents it contains, but also for their age and value. It received the World Heritage designation on 4 December 1997.
The church has three naves and dates from the 16th century. Inside there are Corinthian columns and paintings by Juan Rizzi. The main altarpiece is from the 17th century, the pulpit is Plateresque and the choir stalls Greco-Roman. The sacristy dates from the 16th century and has original, 18th-century frescoes on the ceiling. Its library contains more than 300 documents dated between the 11th and 15th centuries, incunabula, 12th- and 13th-century codices, etc. The chronicles relate that when relics of San Millán were being moved to the Santa María la Real Monastery, the oxen that were pulling the cart stopped at a certain point and could not be made to continue. The king, García Sánchez, took this as a sign and ordered the monastery to be built on this spot.
- Budowla: Monastery
- Okres artystyczny: Baroque
- Okres historyczny: 16th century
- Otoczenie: The word “Cogolla” comes from “cucullam”, which means “hood”, alluding to the shape of the peak of one of the mountains that surround the valley, an extremely beautiful area of countryside.
- Od 01 kwi do 30 wrz
- Od Wtorek do Niedziela Od 10:00 do 13:30 Od 16:00 do 18:30
- Od 01 paź do 31 mar
- Od Wtorek do Sobota Od 10:00 do 13:00 Od 15:30 do 17:30
- Dni świąteczne Od 10:00 do 13:00
- Dni zamknięcia: Monday
- Ogólny: 6€
- Grupy: 4€
- Emeryci: 5€
- Dzieci: 2€
Guided tours, Shop