La Cartuja Monastery
Although the original plans were Medieval, it is completely Baroque.
It was not ultimately built until 1515, and thus the Cartuja moved further from its initial concept of austerity towards a combination of work by a variety of artists in the church, sacristy and sacrarium. The site marks the height of Andalusian Baroque. The vestry, in fact, is considered one of the towering works of Spanish Late Baroque. Its richly decorated interior includes elements such as marble, columns, carved wood and different inlaid materials. It houses a valuable collection of paintings by artists such as Sánchez Cotán and Bocanegra, amongst others.
- Budowla: Carthusian monastery
- Okres artystyczny: Renaissance
- Okres historyczny: 16th century
- Od 01 kwi do 31 paź
- Od Poniedziałek do Niedziela Od 10:00 do 13:00 Od 16:00 do 20:00
- Od 01 lis do 31 mar
- Od Poniedziałek do Niedziela Od 10:00 do 13:00 Od 15:00 do 18:00
- Ogólny: 4€
- Ulgowy: 2,50€