Collegiate church of Santa María del Campo
An important parish
It lies in Ciudad Vieja. It dates back to the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, and was once the second most important parish church in the area. Building was completed in the year 1302 and it became a collegiate church in 1411. It is Romanesque in style and its plan includes three naves without a transept. There are wonderful works of art in the church from the twelfth to the fifteenth centuries. The inside of the building has leaning columns. The bell tower has a capital from the fifteenth century and a pointed rose window at the top. The Sacred Art Museum lies inside.
- Budowla: Collegiate church
- Okres artystyczny: Romanesque
- Okres historyczny: 14th century, 12th century
- Otoczenie: Santiago Church, San Jorge Church, Santo Domingo Church, Orden Tercera Church, San Francisco Convent, the Archives of the Kingdom of Galicia and the Galician Royal Academy.
- Wstęp wolny