French Route stage 19: Calzadilla de la Cueza - Sahagún
Denne etappen går gjennom...
Calzadilla de la Cueza, Terradillos de los Templarios, Moratinos, San Nicolás del Real Camino, Sahagún
- Rute tilhørende:
- The Way of Saint James
- Navn på strekningen:
- French Route
- 22,30 Km
- 4,50-5,50. Horseback
- 1,50-2,00. Bicycle
- 2,50-3,00. Walking
- Flora, fauna og dyrkede vekster
- Landscapes with cereal crops which in the area near Sahagún are gradually transformed into riverbank vegetation near the Cea and Valderaduey rivers.
- Mat- og konditorprodukter
- This is an area where the gastronomic specialities feature numerous game dishes and hearty garlic soups. Near Sahagún the fare consists of an abundance of garden produce, freshwater crayfish, snails, frogs legs, and sausages and cured meats. And for dessert, the almond biscuits and sweets made by the nuns of Sahagún.
- Terradillo de los Templarios (near the hostel): small area equipped with tables, benches, a barbecue and a drinking fountain. One kilometre and a half past Terradillo there is another rest area, and another one after 1 kilometre. Moratinos (in the doorway built onto one of the sides of the church): wooden benches for resting, beside a drinking fountain. San Nicolás del Real Camino (beside the church): small landscaped garden with stone benches and a drinking fountain.