Alt Urgell and Cerdanya cheese
I hvilken del av Spania er det typisk?
- Region: Catalonia
The history of the cheese in this area began at the beginning of the 20th century with the need for agricultural restructuring after the phylloxera plague.
This cheese is made based on pasteurised cow's milk, to which fermented milk and animal rennet are added. Once it has curdled, the cheese matures in cellars for a minimum of 45 days. It is a pressed paste, uncooked cheese, cream or ivory in colour, creamy and mild. It is sold in whole pieces or in portions. The stamp of the Designation of Origin covering it is covered by must appear on the label.
Informasjon om produktet
- Produkttype: Others
- Sesong: It can be eaten at any time of year.
- Opprinnelse: The area for manufacturing and production is made up of the counties of Alt Urgell and Cerdanya, in the north of the province of Lleida.
- Anbefalt drikke: It is excellent accompanied by white wines and young reds
- Varianter: Depending on its maturing, these cheeses may be mild (3 weeks to 1.5 months); medium mature (1.5 months to 3 months) and mature, with maturing for more than 3 months.
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Merknader: Rich in calcium.