I hvilken del av Spania er det typisk?
- Balearic Islands
Originally from India and introduced into Spain by the Arabs, it is grown above all in the Mediterranean.
The aubergine is a fleshy fruit, round or cylindrical in shape, whose colour ranges between green, purple, violet and dark jasper. It is partially covered by the light green calyx. It can be prepared fried, stuffed, and even in hotpots or stews, although it is advisable to wash it very well before using it to remove the acid juices that often produce a characteristic dark colour. One of the solutions for this is to leave it to soak in cold water with a dash of lemon juice for between half an hour and an hour. Cooked, peeled aubergine is very good for the digestion. Diuretic, laxative and relaxant properties are attributed to it.
Informasjon om produktet
- The best time of year for eating it runs from the middle of July to the middle of August, although nowadays it can be found at any time of year.
- It is grown in much of Spain, with Extremadura, Castilla-La Mancha, Catalonia and Andalusia the outstanding producer regions.
- Anbefalt drikke:
- It is a common product in many recipes, allowing it to be accompanied by white wines aged in wood and young red wines.
- Aubergines can be found in most greengrocers, shops and superstores.
- Murcian salad
- Medium Violet, Black Beauty and White.
- Rich in minerals.