Baix Ebre - Montsia olive oil
I hvilken del av Spania er det typisk?
- Region: Catalonia
Olive oil coming from the oldest olive producing area in Catalonia, possibly planted by the Iberians.
This is Extra Virgin Olive Oil obtained from the Farga, Morrut and Sevillenca olive varieties. The oil is produced in the province of Tarragona, where a total of approximately 48,000 hectares are given over to olive growing. The harvesting system uses the beating method. Depending on the method of production - the traditional for Tortosa oils from areas near the river, and the modern applied to olives from the airier, drier areas - two types of high-quality oil are produced, but with very different qualities.
Informasjon om produktet
- Produkttype: Others
- Sesong: All year round.
- Opprinnelse: The Designation of Origin covers the production area dominated by the Coll Redó mountains, to the east of Tortosa, and by the Ulldecona plains, in the county of Baix Ebre, in the province of Tarragona.
- Varianter: Depending on its characteristics, it can be classified into two types:
- Traditional Tortosa oils: High acidity, tasty, strong and between golden and greenish yellow in colour
- Oils made with modern techniques: Low acidity and fruity flavour with yellow tones.
- Merknader: Rich in lipids and vitamin E.