Tower of the church of Santa María
Plaza España, 1
50180 Utebo, Zaragoza (Aragon)
The tower of the parish church of Utebo is popularly known as the 'Tower of Mirrors' thanks to the reflection produced by its 8,000 ceramic tiles.
The parish church of Santa María in Utebo has one of the most outstanding towers in the Aragonese Mudéjar style. The church has a nave in three sections under a cross vault and chapels between buttresses in the late Gothic style, dating from the early 16th century. The transept, which is covered with a cupola, and the sanctuary, with a square floor plan, are in the Baroque style and date from the late 18th century. The tower (completed in 1544) has a square floor plan in its lower sections, becoming octagonal towards the top. The interior recalls the typical minarets of the Almohad era. Its exterior decoration is based on brick and ceramic, and it has over 8,000 tiles with a range of motifs and colours.
- Konstruksjon: Tower
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Mudejar