Cathedral of San Salvador
A cultural melting pot.
The monument has undergone a series of transformations in a wide variety of architectural styles.
A temple was set on this site as far back as the first century BC, known during the Visigoth period as the church of San Vicente. It was also the site of a mosque. It was in the 12th century, however, when the first Christian church was built here. It was built to face north instead of east, as was the tradition of the time, so as not to coincide with the direction of Muslim prayers towards Mecca. Changes were made subsequently. The Cathedral also contains elements of Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque styles. The Main Door is representative of the last of these, and dates from the 18th century. The cathedral treasures, including its famous tapestries, are on view to visitors inside.
- Konstruksjon: Cathedral
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Gothic
- Historisk periode: 12th century
- Fra 15 jun til 15 sep
- Fra Mandag til Torsdag Fra 10:00 til 18:00 Fra 20:00 til 20:30
- Fredag Fra 10:00 til 17:30
- Lørdag Fra 10:00 til 12:00 Fra 14:00 til 20:30
- Søndag Fra 10:00 til 11:30 Fra 13:30 til 20:30
- Fra 16 sep til 14 jun
- Fra Mandag til Fredag Fra 10:00 til 13:30 Fra 16:00 til 17:30
- Lørdag Fra 10:00 til 12:00 Fra 16:00 til 17:30
- Søndag Fra 10:00 til 11:30 Fra 16:00 til 17:30
- Generelt: 4€
- Redusert: 3€