A lovely fortress in Toledo.
This is a magnificent example of a 15th-century fortress with an Italian influence in the Toledo area.
It was built in the 15th century by Pedro López de Ayala, Count of Fuensalida and Lord of Cedillo. It was abandoned in the 18th century and subsequently restored in 1887 by the Count of Asalto. It was looted during the Civil War. It has a rectangular floor plan with an area of thirty by forty metres. Its moat –which in the past was crossed by means of a drawbridge– has been modified by the bastions and defences adjoining its angles and wall sections.
- Kunsthistorisk periode:
- Historisk periode:
- 15th century
- Shrine of San Antón, shrine of Nuestra Señora de la Natividad, 'rollo' administrative symbol.
Fra Mandag til Onsdag
Fra 09:00 til 14:00
Only the exterior is open to visitors through pre-arranged guided visits. Call +34 925291301.