Church of La Concepción
The first parish church in Tenerife.
Its location was established by the governor El Adelantado after the celebration of the festivity of the Corpus in 1496. The original church underwent extensions and modifications in subsequent centuries. The most extensive reform was in the 18th century according to plans by the architect Diego Nicolás Eduardo. It was rebuilt in 1974. In 1948 it was declared a National Historic-Artistic Monument. It has three naves, semicircular arches, and Mudéjar-style coffering.
- Konstruksjon: Church
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Neo-classical
- Historisk periode: 16th century
MandagFra 10:00 til 14:00
Fra Tirsdag til FredagFra 10:00 til 17:00
- Generelt: 2€
- Studenter: 1€
Joint visit to the Church of the Convent of Los Catalinos, the Tower of the Church of La Concepción and the Bishop’s Courtyard: General €5.00; Reduced: €1