Salamanca University was founded in 1218, and gained great prestige outside Spain as a centre for teaching and culture.
The university building has a square floorplan with a central courtyard and surrounding galleries. Its most interesting feature is its Plateresque façade. The Escuelas Menores buildings stand beside the University and have façades in a similar artistic style, and in one of their classrooms you can still see the ceiling painted by Fernando Gállego.
- Konstruksjon: University
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Plateresque
- Historisk periode: 15th century
- Omgivelser: The historic centre of the city of Salamanca.
- Fra Mandag til Lørdag Fra 10:00 til 19:30
- Offentlige fridager og Søndag Fra 10:00 til 13:30
- Generelt: 10€
- Redusert: 5€
- Barn: Gratis inngang
The ticket includes admission to the Escuelas Mayores building and Archbishop Fonseca college.
Audio guide, Cafe