Ciudad Rodrigo Cathedral
The noble town
Construction began in the 12th century and did not finish until the 14th century. The architecture of the cathedral is uniform, despite later reforms and additions that can be seen in some of the chapels, such as the San Blas chapel.
It has a ground plan in the shape of a Latin cross with three naves, and three chapels in its apse. The main doorway is an excellent work in Gothic style. The cloister dates from two different periods: the Gothic and the Plateresque. The main chapel has a cross vault; only a few of the panels in the altarpiece have been conserved. The Perdón doorway is on a par with the one in Santiago de Compostela and is Romanesque. Particular highlights include the walnut-wood choir stalls in the Plateresque style, decorated with pagan themes and attributed to Rodrigo Alemán. It has two organs. The large Gothic windows in the cloisters are exceptionally beautiful.
- Konstruksjon: Cathedral
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Gothic
- Historisk periode: 14th century, 12th century
- Omgivelser: Plaza Mayor square, Town Hall, Episcopal Palace.
- Mandag Fra 11:30 til 14:00
- Fra Tirsdag til Lørdag Fra 11:30 til 14:00 Fra 16:00 til 19:00
- Offentlige fridager Fra 12:45 til 14:00 Fra 16:00 til 18:00
- Generelt: 3€
- Redusert: 2,50€
- Grupper: 2€
- Barn: Gratis inngang
Guided tours, Shop Visit to the Campanas Tower.