Santa María la Mayor Church
Mixture of styles.
The Catholic Monarchs ordered its construction in 1485, but it was not finished until the 17th century. This explains its combination of different artistic styles.
Its three naves preserve Gothic columns and ogives, although it suffered great damage in an earthquake that happened in 1580, destroying part of the church. Its Renaissance Choir is one of the most important elements of this building, along with the reredos of the Virgen del Mayor Dolor, in Baroque style. The image of the Virgin is attributed, according to some researchers, to the work of Montañés, according to others to “La Roldana”.
- Konstruksjon: Church
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Renaissance
- Historisk periode: 15th century
- Fra Mandag til Lørdag Fra 10:00 til 19:00
- Offentlige fridager Fra 10:00 til 12:30 Fra 14:00 til 19:00
- Generelt: 4€
- Grupper: 3€ Grupos mínimo 15 personas
- Pensjonerte: 2€
- Barn: Gratis inngang