Los Guzmanes Palace
Plaza San Marcelo 6
24003 León (Castile-Leon)
A palace right in the city.
Construction work on this 16th-century building was never finished.
It is the work of the architect Enrique Gil de Hontañón. Its shape is trapezoid. It has four towers, one at each corner. It also has a courtyard with columns. On its façades, of contoured stone slabs, there are several carvings. On the lower part of the building you can find large openings with solid grilles and corbels with the arms of the Guzmans. On the upper part there are balconies with projecting sills and iron balustrades. It was declared a National Monument in 1963. Currently the home of the Leon Regional Government.
- Konstruksjon: Palace
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Renaissance
- Historisk periode: 16th century
- Fra 01 okt til 30 jun
- Fra Mandag til Fredag Fra 09:30 til 14:30 Fra 16:30 til 18:30
- Lukkedager: Weekend, Public holidays
- Fra 01 jul til 30 sep
- Fra Mandag til Søndag Helligdager Fra 10:00 til 14:00 Fra 16:00 til 20:00
- Gratis inngang