La Cartuja Monastery
Although the original plans were Medieval, it is completely Baroque.
It was not ultimately built until 1515, and thus the Cartuja moved further from its initial concept of austerity towards a combination of work by a variety of artists in the church, sacristy and sacrarium. The site marks the height of Andalusian Baroque. The vestry, in fact, is considered one of the towering works of Spanish Late Baroque. Its richly decorated interior includes elements such as marble, columns, carved wood and different inlaid materials. It houses a valuable collection of paintings by artists such as Sánchez Cotán and Bocanegra, amongst others.
- Konstruksjon: Carthusian monastery
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Renaissance
- Historisk periode: 16th century
- Fra 01 apr til 31 okt
- Fra Mandag til Søndag Fra 10:00 til 13:00 Fra 16:00 til 20:00
- Fra 01 nov til 31 mar
- Fra Mandag til Søndag Fra 10:00 til 13:00 Fra 15:00 til 18:00
- Generelt: 4€
- Redusert: 2,50€