Carthusian Monastery in Jerez de la Frontera
Serenity in Jerez.
This is considered as one of the buildings with greatest artistic value in the province of Cadiz.
The building was constructed in the second half of the 15th century on the initiative of the knight. Álvaro Obertos de Valeto. The group of buildings is outstanding, with the Greco-Roman portico, the chapel of Santa María de la Defensión, the cloister, which is in Gothic style, and also the Courtyard of the Myrtles. In its church, the most notable elements are the Roelas paintings decorating the main altar.
- Konstruksjon: Carthusian monastery
- Kunsthistorisk periode: Gothic
- Historisk periode: 15th century
- Fra Mandag til Lørdag Fra 09:30 til 11:15 Fra 12:45 til 18:30
- Lukkedager: Public holidays
- Gratis inngang