Muxía takes up the southern bank of the Camariñas estuary, near the Costa da Morte. This fishing town has beautiful beaches and an interesting monumental heritage.
It is believed that the village was founded by people from Cereixo on land that belonged to the monks of Moraime, who gave the old town its name: munxía-monxes. In 1105 the town was occupied by the Normans and later on by the Muslims. Muxía's repopulation was carried out by King Alfonso VII, starting in 1119. In the 14th century, it obtained the title of "town", thanks, in part, to its remarkable fishing port. At the beginning of the 19th century, the town was razed to the ground by the French, yet its prompt recovery led to its expansion around Mount Corpiño.
Reserveer de beste ervaring
Riding a Bike to the End of the World
From Santiago to Fisterra, the end of the world
Legends of Stone and Sea
Lugo,Santiago de Compostela,La Coruña…
The Sacred Stones of the Costa da Morte