Cristo de la Luz mosque
Calle Carmelitas Descalzas, 10
45002 Toledo (Castile-La Mancha)
Image of the rescued Christ.
It dates from the year 999 and remains intact to this day. It was consecrated as a Christian place of worship in the 12th century. A statue of Christ that had been concealed within a brick a wall to avoid profanation was discovered by Alfonso VI and El Cid.
It has a square floor plan; the façade is made of brick, decorated with a series of arches that call to mind the Great Mosque of Cordoba. Inside, horseshoe arches support nine vaults, whose design varies in different areas of the nave. The transept was added when it was consecrated for Christian worship, along with a Mudéjar-style apse decorated with blind arches.
- Bouw: Mosque
- Artistieke periode: Arab
- Historische periode: 10th century
- Omgeving: Puerta del Sol square
- Vanaf 01 May tot 30 Oct
- Van Maandag tot Vrijdag Van 10:00 tot 14:00 Van 15:30 tot 18:40
- Feestdagen en Weekend Van 10:00 tot 18:40
- Vanaf 01 Nov tot 30 Apr
- Van Maandag tot Vrijdag Van 10:00 tot 14:00 Van 15:30 tot 17:45
- Feestdagen en Zondag Van 10:00 tot 17:45
- Algemeen: 2,50€