Nuestra Señora de la Concepción Church in La Orotava
Its origin goes back to 1516, with the building of a chapel that was extended several times. The celebration of the proclamation of Carlos V was held in it on 22 June, 1516. After the earthquakes caused by the Güimar volcano, it was in a ruined state. Work on the current building began in about 1768 and finished in 1788. It was declared a National Historic Artistic Monument in 1948. Inside, it consists of three wide naves with strong columns. Outside, the two bell towers, measuring 24 metres high, are outstanding.
- Bouw: Church
- Artistieke periode: Baroque
- Historische periode: 16th century
Van Maandag tot ZondagVan 10:00 tot 20:00
- Entree gratis