Church of La Concepción
The first parish church in Tenerife.
Its location was established by the governor El Adelantado after the celebration of the festivity of the Corpus in 1496. The original church underwent extensions and modifications in subsequent centuries. The most extensive reform was in the 18th century according to plans by the architect Diego Nicolás Eduardo. It was rebuilt in 1974. In 1948 it was declared a National Historic-Artistic Monument. It has three naves, semicircular arches, and Mudéjar-style coffering.
- Bouw: Church
- Artistieke periode: Neo-classical
- Historische periode: 16th century
MaandagVan 10:00 tot 14:00
Van Dinsdag tot VrijdagVan 10:00 tot 17:00
- Algemeen: 2€
- Studenten: 1€
Joint visit to the Church of the Convent of Los Catalinos, the Tower of the Church of La Concepción and the Bishop’s Courtyard: General €5.00; Reduced: €1