Patronato de Turismo de Salamanca
La Clerecía Building
The construction of this historic building began in the seventeenth century by order of Queen Margarita of Austria, wife of Philip III of Spain, and was directed by Juan Gomez de Mora. It was a church and college of the ecclesiastic order of the Company of Jesus.
The Clerecía Church in Salamanca, originally known as the Royal College of the Company of Jesus, is in Baroque style and is home to a public section - church and school rooms where the Jesuits taught -, and a private section, where the monks lived. The church has an immense, three-floored Baroque cloister. This monument is now the headquarters of Salamanca Pontificia University.
- Bouw: University
- Artistieke periode: Baroque
- Historische periode: 18th century, 17th century
- Omgeving: Historic quarter.
- Van Maandag tot Vrijdag Van 10:00 tot 12:45 Van 17:00 tot 18:30
- Weekend, Feestdagen Van 10:00 tot 13:30 Van 17:00 tot 19:15
- Algemeen: 3€
- Groepen: 2,50€
Joint admission: the Clerecía building, Pontifical University and Towers.