Vall de Boí, La
San Clemente de Taüll Church
Church of San Clemente de Taüll
Vall de Boí Romanesque
San Clemente de Taüll is one of the Romanesque churches in the Boí Valley, which received the UNESCO World Heritage designation in 2000.
The church was built between the 11th and 12th centuries and was consecrated in 1123. It has a basilical ground plan, with three naves separated by columns. The altar gives onto three arched apses. The bell tower is square, with six floors, and is decorated with pilaster bands and geminate windows. The wall paintings in the sanctuary (Pantocrator, Saints and Apostles and scenes from the Old and New Testaments and the Apocalypse) date from 1123. The paintings in the church are copies; the originals are preserved in the Catalonia National Art Museum (MNAC).
- Bouw: Church
- Artistieke periode: Romanesque
- Historische periode: 12th century
- Omgeving: The surrounding area is home to numerous examples of this priceless local Romanesque architecture declared to be a World Heritage treasure by UNESCO.
- Vanaf 01 Sep tot 30 Jun
- Van Maandag tot Zondag Van 10:00 tot 14:00 Van 16:00 tot 19:00
- Vanaf 01 Jul tot 31 Aug
- Van Maandag tot Zondag Van 10:00 tot 14:00 Van 16:00 tot 20:00
- Algemeen: 5€
- Groepen: 3€