La Cartuja Monastery
Although the original plans were Medieval, it is completely Baroque.
It was not ultimately built until 1515, and thus the Cartuja moved further from its initial concept of austerity towards a combination of work by a variety of artists in the church, sacristy and sacrarium. The site marks the height of Andalusian Baroque. The vestry, in fact, is considered one of the towering works of Spanish Late Baroque. Its richly decorated interior includes elements such as marble, columns, carved wood and different inlaid materials. It houses a valuable collection of paintings by artists such as Sánchez Cotán and Bocanegra, amongst others.
- Bouw: Carthusian monastery
- Artistieke periode: Renaissance
- Historische periode: 16th century
- Vanaf 01 Apr tot 31 Oct
- Van Maandag tot Zondag Van 10:00 tot 13:00 Van 16:00 tot 20:00
- Vanaf 01 Nov tot 31 Mar
- Van Maandag tot Zondag Van 10:00 tot 13:00 Van 15:00 tot 18:00
- Algemeen: 4€
- Met korting: 2,50€