Miguel Cantero Saban. Imagen cedida por la Delegación de Turismo del Ayuntamiento de Lucena.
- Wanneer: Vanaf Apr 29, 2017 tot May 2, 2017
- Waar: Lucena
- Meer informatie: http://www.andalucia.org/es/eventos/fiestas-aracelitanas/
- Categorie: Festivity of National Tourist Interest
A tradition in Lucena (Cordoba) whose history goes back four and half centuries.
The celebrations begin on the second to last Sunday in April, when the Virgin of Araceli is brought down from the Aras Shrine on the shoulders of the devout, in a pilgrimage to the centre of Lucena, where she can be seen by all. In May, there are numerous activities to commemorate the occasion: the proclamation of the Queen of the Aracelitana Festivities; a widely-attended floral offering, with processions of carnival figures and street musicians and women wearing traditional dress; and the procession with the statue of the Virgin through the city until her entry into the parish church of San Mateo, accompanied by fireworks. The first Sunday in June, the Virgin takes her leave and is once again borne in pilgrimage up to the Shrine, an event known as the Romería de Subida al Santuario. There are also numerous sporting and cultural events for visitors to enjoy.
- Datum: Vanaf Apr 29, 2017 tot May 2, 2017
Lucena (Cordoba. Andalusia)
Openingstijden en prijzen
- Vanaf Apr 29, 2017 tot May 2, 2017
* Deze informatie kan worden gewijzigd