Northern Route stage 13: Güemes - Santander
Palacio de La Magdalena de Santander
Deze etappe gaat door...
- Route behoort tot:
- The Way of Saint James
- Northern Route
- 13,20 Km
- 3,20. Horseback
- 2,40. Walking
- Belangrijkste moeilijkheden
- The proliferation of housing developments around Santander makes the route is difficult to follow. It is important to keep a look out for signs to Somo, which is always indicated.
- Flora, fauna en landbouw
- The local vegetation features particularly linden trees, eucalyptus, pine, chestnut, poplar, ash, oak, cedar, elm, yew, birch, maple, laurel and plum trees. The fauna includes water birds such as the yellow-legged seagull and the rock pigeon (urban fauna).
- Gastronomische en banketbakkersproducten
- Local gastronomic specialties are the fish (anchovies, sea bream, hake, tuna, horse mackerel, sole, sardines, squid), and shellfish (clams, mussels, razor fish, cockles, various species of crab, sea urchins, barnacles, shrimp, sea snails, Dublin Bay prawns, various species of lobster).