Serrano cured ham
Waar is het typisch in Spanje?
- Autonome regio: Andalusia
Serrano cured ham is a typically Spanish product characterised by the quality of its sensory properties.
Serrano cured ham is the hind leg of the pig that undergoes a manufacturing process, including the following phases: salting, or incorporation of salts into the muscular mass; washing, or elimination of the salt sticking to the surface of the piece; settling, drying and maturing. Its colour has to be pinkish when cut, which is done by hand in a thin slice with veins of fat.
- Productsoort: Meat
- Seizoen: All year round.
- Oorsprong: Nowadays, the serrano cured ham industry is widespread throughout the country.
- Aanbevolen drankje: Crianza red wines, fino or manzanilla.
- Waar te kopen: Serrano cured ham may be bought in specialised shops, supermarkets and butcher's throughout Spain.
- Recepten: Navarra style trout
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: High
- Opmerkingen: Rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.