Brandy from Jerez
Waar is het typisch in Spanje?
- Autonome regio:
Almost all the bodegas in the Jerez area make this distilled product, which enjoys great prestige because of its flavour and aroma.
This brandy is made with spirit from Jerez wine in the same area where the wine is grown. The spirit undergoes an ageing process that lasts between 6 months and three years in oak barrels. Depending on this, there are three types of brandy: Solera, Solera Reserva and Solera Gran Reserva. The alcoholic content of all of them ranges between 36º and 45º and each will contain a minimum quantity of volatile substances. Their particular character is due to the unusual features of the manufacturing process, ageing in rows of barrels and, particularly, the special climatic conditions of the Jerez production area. They are an excellent end to a good meal.
- All year round.
- They are made in the bodegas covered by the Jerez Wine Designation of Origin.
- Three types can be distinguished depending on the ageing period undergone by the spirit:
- Aged for more than 6 months. Fragrant aroma and warm flavour.
- 'Solera Reserva':
- Aged for more than 1 year. Elegant, lasting aroma; persistent, balanced flavour.
- 'Solera Gran Reserva':
- Aged for more than 3 years. Intense, permanent aroma, very long-lasting flavour, gentle and harmonious.